Earthcare-Certified Schools Program
Resources for the Earthcare schools certification program for Catholic schools
Scroll down to find guiding documentation to support your school program; self assessment documents, curriculum and environmental audits.
There are 5 levels of certification; click on each hyperlink to download the associated file for each level of certification. We suggest starting with the Introduction.
ABOUT THE EARTHCARE SCHOOLS PROGRAM
Catholic Earthcare Australia wants to acknowledge the good works happening in schools and nurture their development, growing abundance in addressing our ecological challenges so that, we as a church, can lead by example and follow our well-formed hearts with practical steps which engage the whole community in caring for our mother earth.
Watch our 4 minute Introduction to the Catholic Earthcare Schools Program’ video.
For more information and to have self assessments approved, please email email@example.com
- Level-3-Evaluation-Tool (1)
- Level 3 Action Plan
- Level 3 Certification Self Assessment Tool for School Steps to Ecological Dialogue
- Example of Steps to Ecological Dialogue for schools and colleges
- Environmental Audit (Early Years)
- Environmental Audit (Primary)
- Environmental Audit (Secondary)
- Basic Curriculum Audit
- Detailed Curriculum Audit (Optional)
Schools will work with Earthcare staff on a report showcasing Catholic Earthcare Steps to Ecological Dialogue with an emphasis on Step 7 Sustain and Go Forth and Step 8 Animate Others
New Ecological Justice Days Calendar for 2022 Download at https://bit.ly/3H0DSyoh
Eco Justice Toolkits – Designed for Ecological and Social Justice Leaders coordinating the environment group in schools.
Earthcare Schools Poster to display and encourage other schools to join CEC Poster 22
Laudato Si’ Reflection Cards – Seven reflection cards based around integral ecology, through the lens of Laudato Si’.
7 Questions to Guide Reflection on Integral Ecology – Seven questions to guide groups or individuals on integral ecology through the lens of Laudato Si’.
Welcome to our new Earthcare Schools
The following schools joined us in Term 4, 2021
- Catholic College Wodonga, Sandhurst
- Emmaus Catholic School, Adelaide
- Antonine College, Melbourne
- Immaculate Heart of Mary, Adelaide
- Sacred Heart College, Newtown, Melbourne
- St Josephs Catholic School, Townsville
- St Joseph’s, Adelaide
- St Francis Xavier College, Sale
- St Monica’s primary, Sandhurst
- McAuley Community School, Adelaide
- San Damiano College, Brisbane
- Holy Spirit Primary, Darwin
- Thomas Carr College, Melbourne
- Emmaus College, Melbourne
- Aquinas College, Melbourne
- Star of the Sea College, Melbourne
- Clonard College
- St Kevins PS, Melbourne
- St Benedict’s Catholic School, Townsville
- Siena College, Melbourne
- Emmanuel College, Melbourne
- Mercy Regional College, Ballarat
- St Michaels primary, Palm Island, Townsville
- St Patricks College, Ballarat
- Emmaus College, Rockhampton
- St Francis of Assisi College, Port Pirie
- St Patrick’s primary, Ballarat
- St Marys College, Melbourne
- St Joseph’s School, Brisbane