We would like to share some exciting news – the People’s Pilgrimage is coming to Sydney on the 11th and 12th of June, 2015. We are proud to be supporting the Pilgrimage, in partnership with OurVoices, ARRCC and Greenpeace, and we invite you to join us as we lift our voices and call for a strong climate agreement at the Paris 2015 Climate Summit.
The People’s Pilgrimage is led by Yeb Sano, who is travelling around the world visiting places of climate risk, climate impact and climate resistance. However, Yeb is very clear that this is not just about him. This is everyone’s chance to be a climate pilgrim, and the People’s Pilgrimage offers faith communities around the world the opportunity to share their own climate action stories.
We invite you to join Yeb while he is here in Australia. We would like all faith communities to participate, to make sure Australia is a key part of the journey of thousands of climate pilgrims.
Please join us in Sydney for some (or all!) of these People’s Pilgrimage events:
- Visit the Blue Mountains with Catholic Earthcare Australia (all day) Yeb Sano and other pilgrims will travel to the Blue Mountains with faith leaders to be Welcomed to Country and visit recent bushfire affected sites
- Public Meeting at Pitt St Uniting Church, 264 Pitt Street Sydney at 6pm
- Walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge, departing from Kirribilli stairs at 10am
- Media Opportunity with Yeb Sano in Hyde Park, directly opposite St Mary’s Cathedral in Sydney at 12pm
- Prayer Vigil in the Royal Botanic Gardens, near Opera House entrance at 4pm
- Drinks and socialising with Yeb Sano, Lord Nelson Hotel in The Rocks at 6pm
If you are interested in joining any of these activities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (02) 8907 9503.
On the 13th of June, Yeb will travel to the Whitsundays to experience the natural wonder of the Great Barrier Reef and visit some of its most threatened areas. If you are interested in taking part in this section of the People’s Pilgrimage, please let us know.
We look forward to coming together for the People’s Pilgrimage in Australia!