In Laudato Si’, Pope Francis asks us “What kind of world do we want to leave to those who come after us, to children who are now growing up?” (160). He reminds us that we have mistreated creation for far too long, and now is a critical time for dialogue and action.
Are you ready to respond to the call of Laudato Si’? Take action today and care for our common home.
Some key actions you can take today
- Read Laudato Si’, reflect deeply on the key messages and share them with others.
- Watch our video Laudato Si’ – An urgent appeal for action and reflect on the discussion points.
- Attend one of our Laudato Si’ Advanced Animator Programs.
- Book a Laudato Si’ Clergy Program.
- Host a Laudato Si’ Lenten Program in your Parish
- Fast for the Climate and celebrate Meatless Friday to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Sign the global Catholic Climate Petition, which is endorsed by Pope Francis.
- Read our new book The Francis Effect II and attend a follow up colloquium in your diocese.
- Use the Australian Reading Guide to Laudato Si’ and discuss the challenges and opportunities raised in Laudato Si’.
- Start a garden, in your home, school, parish or office and connect with our common home.
- Write to your local Member of Parliament demanding Australian action on climate change.
- Move to renewable sources of energy.
- Consider where your investments are placed.
School or Parish?